Privacy and Security Policy
WM Industries Corp. (“WMIC.com,” “WMIC,” “we,” “us,” or “our” as appropriate) has created the following Privacy and Security Policy to inform you of the following: what information we collect, when we collect it, how and why we collect it, how we use it, how we protect it, how we share it and what choices you have regarding our collection and use of this information.
What Information We Collect
Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing, home, work and delivery addresses
- Vehicle identification number
- Driver license number
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Information on how you are using the Sites
We Collect Information When
- You purchase a vehicle, order or request information about our products and services
- You create an account on any of our Sites
- You connect with any of Sites regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms
- You visit the Sites or participate in interactive features of the Sites or mobile applications
- You use a social media service, for example, GreenTech Automotive's Facebook page or Saleen Motors International WeChat page
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from any of our Sites
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
- You interact with any of the Sites through your computer, tablet or mobile device
How and Why We Collect Information
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. This includes WMIC.com content presented on other websites or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are navigating our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g.., account creation, email registration), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g.., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g.., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, warranty claims, repair orders, maintenance requests, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Provide any requested services
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions
- Improve the effectiveness of the Sites, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
Warranty & Campaign Notices
- Send communications digitally or by direct mail regarding warranty and campaign notices
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas
How We Protect the Information We Collect
We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your information so only our Sites are able to decode the information.
Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. "Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's privacy and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Sites will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to our Sites, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
- We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to the respective Site and their issuing bank or credit card company. We are asking all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently
- Use complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric case Sensitive characters)
- Do not use the same password on more than one website
- Do not share your password with others
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal
How We Share the Information We Collect
We do not sell or rent customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
The WMIC Family of Companies
We share information we collect within the Sites and WM Industries Corp.com family, which includes all WMIC.com subsidiaries, affiliates partners, agencies and contractors. Our Sites may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, or data enhancement provider) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
What Choices Do You Have
E-mail & Promotional E-mail
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us you can unsubscribe on the bottom of any email . You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Sites to your email address. We regularly send email purchase confirmations, email product purchase updates.
We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices of customers who have requested this information via an opt-in request. Customers will be able to opt out of a specific mobile messaging campaign.
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the WMIC.com family of Sites features.
How Do You Access and Update the Information
In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have registered your email account with us you can update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
International Customer Privacy
Customers shipping internationally who wish to inquire about or update information or change marketing preferences or anyone who wants to receive information about our international privacy program should contact us directly using the following method: Send an e-mail to email@example.com